Sun 17th Dec 2017
Third Sunday in Advent
Featured: When You Need a Native Guide
Special for the Season: The Event of the Season
Terms and Conditions of This Site
This entire site Copyright© 1997-2017 Don C. Warrington. All rights reserved.
Website maintained by Positive Infinity and hosted by 1 and 1 Internet.
One of the principal reasons why the vulcanhammer family of sites needs an auxiliary page is because their host prohibits the use of active web content (except for Wordpress itself.) But active content is what makes the internet an exciting place (sometimes too exciting, with all of the malware.)
Over the years we've developed several active programs for geotechnical engineering, and this is where they're featured. They are as follows:
- Mohr's Circle and Failure Envelope Calculations for Triaxial Tests
- Fixed End Method for Analysis of Anchored Sheet Pile Walls using the Elastic Line Method
- Dennis and Olson Method for Driven Piles online calculator with TAMAXIAL Load Test Simulator, TAMBENT pile group analyser and TAMWAVE wave equation program. Some explanation of these programs is given with the programs. Detailed information on the program's development is found here. Necessary data for input is as follows:
- Penetration of pile into soil, ft.
- Basic "diameter" or size of pile, in.
- Cross-sectional area of the pile, in2
- Pile toe area, in2
- Perimeter of the Pile, in.
- Whether the pile is full or partial displacement
- Whether pile is loaded in tension or compression
- Moist unit weight of soil, pcf
- Distance of water table from soil surface, ft.
- Information for cohesionless soils:
- Basic type of cohesionless soil (type of sand, silt, etc.)
- Information for cohesive soils:
- Unconfined compression strength, psf
- Test Method for Soil Properties
- Rated striking energy of hammer, ft-lbs
- Hammer ram weight, lbs.
- Hammer mechanical efficiency, percent
- Drive cap weight, lbs.
- Hammer cushion area, in2
- Hammer cushion thickness, in.
- Hammer cushion modulus of elasticity, psi
- Hammer cushion coefficient of restitution
- Pile cushion thickness, in.
- Bearing graph desired?
- Include the effect of gravity?
- Information for optional TAMBENT pile group analysis
- Number of pile locations
- Number of piles at each location
- Fixity of pile head to pile cap
- Horizontal and vertical locations of each pile head from load centre, ft
- Horizontal force, vertical force and moment applied to load centre, kips or ft-kips
- Moment of intertia of pile, in4